Thursday, August 30, 2007

Alzheimer's Association Memory Walks






A few months ago I went with my friend, Mary, to visit her grandmother in Indiana. I was not aware that her grandmother was ill, but when we arrived her grandmother's ability to recognize who Mary was made it very clear. Her grandmother suffers from Alzheimer's. We all know about Alzheimer's disease and we all can ban together to make a difference. Alzheimer's Association Memory Walks are taking place all over the country and we call help by sponsoring a member or team that participates in this walk or even becoming a Team Captain for a walk. Unfortunately for me, my schedule inhibits me from being a Team Captain this year, but signing up is simple. Just visit Memory Walk and then click the Start or Join a Team. From there you will be asked to follow a few more link and then you will be able to start selecting your team members. Remember Team Captains want to sign up early so they have plenty of time to gather team members and plan out how they will motivate their team members.

For me this year, the answer was sponsoring a member. And finding one to sponsor was easy. After going to the Memory Walk website and searching for the closest walk to me. I just clicked the sponsor participant link on the left side of the page. After searching for the name of the member I wanted to sponsor I just added my donation amount and the form of payment for the donation. Keep in mind if you donate, no amount is too small for this charitable cause. Every cent helps to find prevention methods, treatments and an eventual cure for Alzheimer’s disease.


No comments: