Monday, August 27, 2007

Lap Band by JourneyLite

I was running outside with my niece today and realized how out of shape I really am. I need to lose some weight, but I have tried all the diets before and I end up putting the weight back on. I was during some research into other forms of weight lost and I came across one that seems to be a good match for me. Journey Lite specializes in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding procedure that is not as harsh as the gastric bi-pass. The lapband is designed to help me lose excess body weight and enhance my quality of life. It reduces the stomach capacity and restricts the amount of food that can be consumed at one time enabling me to restrict the amount of food I could eat at one time. Another bonus is it an laparoscopic procedure, so I would not have a large scar from a large incision. Instead, the doctor will make tiny incisions and use a small camera to view the stomach. The lapband is then locked securely in a ring around the stomach which creates a small stomach pouch that can hold a smaller amount of food.

I have linked the lapband words to the Journeylite site so you can check it out yourself.

Happy Blogging.

No comments: